Kids Ministry at Concord
At Concord Church, our kids (birth-grade 5) experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in a creative and relevant way.
We are currently meeting in-person and online for all of our meetings. Below is our schedule:
Our Weekly In-Person Schedule:
Sunday’s Kids Worship – 10:30am
KFC (January-May and August-November) – 6:30pm
Our Weekly Online Schedule
Sunday’s Kids Worship Livestream – 10:40am
KFC Livestream (January-May and August-November) – 6:45pm
Because we need to limit the number of kids per classroom, RSVPs are required each week. You can RSVP by clicking here. Registration closes at noon on the Friday before the service.
Your First Visit
Here’s what to expect when visiting Concord Kids for the first time:
First, find a kids check-in station. Check-in stations are located at the big blue wall in the main lobby (where 1st-5th grade meets) and downstairs on the first floor (where birth-kindergarten meets). There we will meet your family, check your child in to our system, and one of our volunteers will direct you to their meeting room. You can register your child in the system ahead of time by click here. We will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child’s name
- Child’s birthdate
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
Because we need to limit the number of kids per classroom, RSVPs are required each week. You can RSVP using the link below. Registration closes at noon on the Friday before the service.
How Check-In Works
Before Service: You can check-in your child at the big blue wall in the main lobby or downstairs in the preschool area. You and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on the the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you’ll need to show your tag to a Kids volunteer in order for your child to be released back to you.
COVID-19 Safety Information For Kids
- Everyone age 3 and older must wear a mask for the entirety of their visit.
- We will require temperature checks for kids and volunteers to enter. Temperatures must be below 100.4ºF. If your kids have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms within the past week (with or without a fever), please keep them at home.
- Please have kids use the restroom before checking in.
- All kids and volunteers will use hand sanitizer upon arriving and between activities.
- We will use minimal supplies, and the supplies we do use will be sanitized before and after each use.
- All kids will have their own supply bag with crayons and pencils marked with their name to use each week. Do not bring any items from home, including toys, books, water bottles, and bags.
- We will do our best to have everyone stay a safe distance apart.
- If someone in our program tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify all who were in contact with that person as soon as possible.
VBS is ON for this year, but it’s going to look a little different. Instead of a week-long event, we will be meeting over the weekend on Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18th during the worship service. On Saturday there will be outdoor activity stations for your family to go through including: missions, crafts, music and recreation! We are also planning to have a couple food trucks as well to make your evening a little bit easier and give the kids more time to hang out with their friends!
And no VBS would be complete without a dimes competition with someone getting slimed in the end. So we will still have a dimes competition with the loser (Rusty or Debbie) getting slimed Sunday morning in the main service!
This is Concord’s weekday preschool, educating since 1976.
Enrollment is open to children 2-6 years old, offering a 2-day program (Tuesday, Thursday), 3-day program (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), and 5-day program (Monday-Friday).
Classes are 9:30am-2pm. Before and Aftercare for W.E.E. School students is also available as early as 7am and as late as 5pm. Extra fees apply for Before and Aftercare.
W.E.E. School’s curriculum offers a wide variety of instruction, including
• Daily Bible lessons
• Literacy (rhyming & alliteration) and handwriting without tears
• Weekly gross motor and fine motor exercises
• Weekly themes with art, science, math, reading, and music
• Spanish (numbers & colors) and sign language (Bible verses)
• Field trips and special guest visits (e.g. firefighters, dentists, big rig, police helicopter)
For current enrollment dates and to learn more, visit the W.E.E. School website.
Be sure to connect with us our Kids Facebook Page for updates on what’s going on in Kids Ministry.
Public Page: www.facebook.com/kidsatconcordstl
Where we post all of our major events coming up
Private Group: Concord Kids Parent Connection
In our private Group parents can see pictures of what their kids have been up to, stay up to date on events coming up, and view our live streams of Kids Worship Hour and KFC.
If you have further questions about our Concord Kids experience or visiting Concord Church with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!