Below is the Job Description for the Office Manager position at Concord Church. You can submit your resume to Rustyw@concordchurch.com. We hope to work with you in the future!
The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of church office operations. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating the church calendar, scheduling facility usage, coordinating communications, overseeing office clerical support, managing reception staff, and maintaining office areas, equipment, and vendor communication.
Position Status: Full-time Exempt
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a personal commitment to the church outside of work responsibilities
- Embraces enthusiastically the mission of the church – Connect. Grow. Serve.
- Signs and supports, both publicly and personally, Concord’s Doctrinal Covenant
- Is Microsoft Office proficient, specifically Word and Excel
- Possesses the ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Exhibits good organizational and personal time-management skills, especially the ability to manage a variety of tasks while handling interruptions with a people-focused mindset
- Acts as a team player, including the ability to ask pointed questions and give or take input from other team members besides supervisor
- Possesses excellent attention to detail, grammar, and proof-reading skills
- Possesses proficiency with Planning Center church management software
- Can utilize basic graphic design software
- Has managerial experience leading small teams
- Has human resources experience in the non-profit sector
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all matters pertaining to personal and church-related issues
- Adheres to all church policies and procedures as determined in the Constitution, By-laws, and policy manual
- Coordinates the church calendar by attending staff meetings, processing calendar requests by ministry leaders and individuals, and maintaining information in Planning Center.
- Coordinates facility usage with the calendar and works with facilities management as required, including rental and usage contracts
- Coordinates communications regarding office hours, church-wide information and events, and specific ministry events
- Facilitates communication among staff and Leadership Team
- Communicates with web-site and social media managers
- Supervises senior staff clerical support utilizing reception staff and/or volunteers
- Creates, updates, and distributes regularly-scheduled reports and other reports as needed
- Manages the reception area and staff to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image during normal office hours
- Performs duties of the Corporate Secretary and Church Clerk by ensuring accurate church membership records and minutes of the church business meetings
- Manages the purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines and limitations
- Oversees the maintenance of office equipment including printer/copiers, fax and postage machines, phone system, etc.
- Negotiates and maintains contracts and reports for vendors
- Manages specific budget account funds (Admin/Office Supplies, Funeral and Kitchen) and the office business vendor accounts
- Creates, updates, and communicates current office procedures as needed
- Ensures common office areas and conference rooms are maintained
- Participates as needed in special events, activities, and projects
- Oversees keeping kitchen supplies stocked
- Helps Senior Pastor plan meeting agendas, supplies, and food as needed
- Serves as one of two check signers
- Other projects and duties as assigned