How Do I Pray When I Feel Happy?
1. Praise God for Who He is – Psalm 68:4-10
2. Praise God for What He Has Done – Psalm 68:19-20
3. Praise God for His Power – Psalm 68:32-35
4. Pray for Him to be known among the nations – Psalm 68:32-35
Interact and respond to these questions as you reflect on this past Sunday’s sermon.
- Where is your happy place?
- How has God been a source of joy and happiness in your life?
- Have you ever noticed that in our happiness we tend to forget the ways others have blessed us? Write down a time in your life.
- Take a moment to write down different attributes about God. Take a moment to lift up a shout of praise to God for who He is.
- Take a moment to write down different things God has done in your life. Lift up a shout of praise for how faithful and good He is.
- God is the one who has equipped us with emotions. The Psalms demonstrate how we can reflect our emotions back to God. In your prayer time, would you share with God not only the hardships but allow him to be a part of the good in your life?
- Write down different ways God has blessed you.
- Turn that list into a prayer of praise to God.
Daily Reading of Passages Dealing with Happiness:
- Psalm 68
- Acts 2:1-41 (33); Ephesians 4:7-8
- Judges 5
- Psalm 46:8-11
- Philippians 4:4-13
- Philippians 1
- Deuteronomy 8
- 2 Samuel 6
Happiness by Randy Alcorn