Below is the Job Description for the Worship Fine Arts Director at Concord Church. You can submit your resume to Rustyw@concordchurch.com. We hope to work with you in the future!
- Work directly with the Senior Pastor to coordinate worship services with the current teaching/preaching focus and the overall vision of the church.
- Work directly with the Student Pastor to coordinate Wednesday evening worship services with the current teaching/preaching focus.
- Develop volunteers of all ages from within the church body to participate in the Worship Fine Arts Ministry (WFA).
- Have a personal commitment to and relationship with Jesus Christ and live a lifestyle in accordance with Christian principles.
- Maintain the highest Christian standards in personal and professional life in accordance with the Concord Policy Handbook.
- Sign and support, both publicly and personally, Concord’s Doctrinal Covenant.
- Demonstrate the following interpersonal skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to freely give and receive input
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Capacity to encourage and motivate others
- Experience in coordinating and managing volunteers
- Ability to manage stressful situations with grace and good communication
- Exhibit good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate an appreciation for all types of sacred music
- Demonstrate ability to embrace the organizational purpose – To CONNECT all people to Jesus Christ, sothey can GROW in their faith and SERVE others.
- Demonstrate flexibility in tasks as they relate to the overall Purpose of Concord Church.
- Experience in leading contemporary worship services.
- Proficiency in leading musical groups.
- Ability to perform and lead people to participate in musical worship.
- Proficiency with technical equipment including sound and computer-generated equipment and use of worship and presentation software.
- Ability to identify, recruit, and develop potential members of the Worship Fine Arts ministry from the congregation and community.
- Exemplary vocal skills.
- Have experience working with Planning Center
- Have experience with leading vocal ensembles and/or Choirs
- Demonstrate instrumental skills, particularly keyboard and/or guitar.
- Have experience participating in or leading choral and orchestral small groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Prepares and leads worship for weekly Sunday worship services and additional corporate services as required (i.e., Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Senior Adult Midday Services).
- Collaboratively work with the staff and WFA team to plan and organize weekly worship services.
- Select and arrange all music for worship services.
- Coordinate and lead music/worship rehearsals.
- Communicate with volunteers on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Communications Director, coordinate creative elements for worship services.
- Provide guidance and/or seek consultation for technical related concerns from the Sound and Technology Director.
- Recruit volunteer musicians and technical support.
- Participate in weekly evaluations of the service with Senior Pastor and ministry staff.
- Provide a qualified substitute worship leader when needed.
- Prepares and leads worship for weekly Concord Student Ministry (CSM) worship services.
- Collaboratively work with Student Pastor and CSM team to plan and organize weekly worship services.
- Coordinate and lead CSM worship rehearsals.
- Communicate with volunteers on a regular basis
- Recruit volunteer musicians and technical support for CSM worship.
- Build a rapport with student volunteers in order to lead them into participating in the overall WFA ministry; use these volunteers in corporate Sunday services as is appropriate.
- Participate in weekly evaluations of the service with Student Pastor and applicable volunteers.
- Train students to eventually act as worship leader under supervision.
- Organize WFA ministry strategy meetings with other staff and servant volunteers, as planned and as needed.
- Attend weekly senior staff meetings.
- Supervise part-time or contract employees in the WFA department, as applicable.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, provide annual budget forecast.
- Manage and oversee Worship Fine Arts budget.
- Pursue opportunities to use music and worship as a vehicle for evangelism beyond our church walls.
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Retirement Plan
Experience: Leading music worship: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Saint Louis, Missouri